Friday, June 4, 2010

The Start of Week 23

The photo above is of a least tern that I took down on the Bolivar peninsula in Texas back in April. I really like this small tern, and decided today was a good time to share this bird on the blog.

Today is Friday June 4th, the start of week #23. I have not actively birded the past 3 days while I have been attending to some things here back home. I have not slept in my own bed even 12 nites since January 1, and I leave again tomorrow and won't return to Chapel Hill until mid July.

After going back and forth on whether to go out on 1 more pelagic trip this Sunday from Hatteras, I finally decided to stick with my original plan to begin driving towards New York state. I will be stopping at Saxis marsh in the Virginia section of the Delmarva peninsula tomorrow evening to listen for black rails. Sunday I will be driving on up to the Catskills to climb up a small mountain in search of bicknell's thrush. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment